My husband’s grandma makes the BEST orange cookies! His favorite cookies are chocolate chip, but these are right up there on the list! He pretty much ate the entire batch…..lol!
Note: this recipe makes 7 dozen cookies, but you can cut ingredients in half. I made entire recipe because my husband wanted to take some to work for his friends.
Here’s what you need:
It almost looks like mashed potatoes huh? If you look at this close, you can see the bits of orange peel.
I used a spoon to drop on the baking sheet.
This is what they look like after you take them out of the oven….
The bottom must be lightly brown…..
Frost them right away…..hubby requested more frosting next time HA!
I refrigerated right away after frosting even though recipe says to cool completely.
Don’t they look delicious?!
AMAZING cookies! You must try them and let me know what you think
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup (8oz) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (6oz) orange juice concentrate, thawed and divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 package (3oz) cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon reserved orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sour cream and eggs. Beat until well blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate for frosting.
- Add the remaining concentrate with combined dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well. Stir in the orange peel. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread a small amount over each cookie. Store cookies in refrigerator.
Happy baking friends!