This apple cake recipe is the BEST one I have made! A good friend of mine passed it on a while back. I wish I would have baked it sooner. My goodness!!!! I am doubling up the ingredients next time
This is what the cake will look like when you take it out of the oven. Not pretty looking, but tastes amazing!
I love homemade grandma’s recipes…..aren’t they the best?
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of thinly sliced apples
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Cream together first 3 ingredients
- Combine next 4 ingredients and add to creamed mixture
- Mix until blended and add apples and cinnamon
- Put into greased 8" pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
Enjoy! Let me know if you make it.
I’d love to read your feedback!