Hi! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday on the A to Zebra Celebrations Blog!
This is Paula from Postscripts!
Tex and I eloped last year and are having a 1 year wedding celebration next month with all our friends and family. In order to make this a memorable event, we want to make sure to include everyone, including our three kiddos! What better way than to involve a pinata? I wanted to glam it up a little so I added a little gold! You are welcome to be creative and make it any color you would like to match your party!
I hope you enjoy my first tutorial!
Pinata (bought here for $17 + shipping – so many different shapes and possibilities!)
Glue Gun + Glue Sticks
Gold Metallic Spray Paint (or other to match your color)
Gold Metallic Tissue Sheets (bought here as well – lots of colors available!)
1. Spray the Pinata to match your paper
2. Cut Metallic Tissue Sheets length wise into 6″ strips (the strips will be 6″ x 30″)
3. Cut strips between 4″-5″ from the bottom to form the fringe
4. Begin gluing at the bottom
5. Continue gluing the strips around the pinata about 2 inches above the last fringe.
Add as much fringe or put each strip as close to the next as you would like.
(sometimes I had to trim the fringe and sometimes I had to add more fringe to make it all the way around)
6. Enjoy your finished product! Stuff with goodies and don’t forget the stick and blindfold!
Thank you so much for stopping by! See you next Thursday! 🙂